If you are looking for
Glass Beads, there
are always some on
ebay. Click below
to find lampwork glass beads
Index to pages on
other glass books
American glass books
Art Deco books
Art nouveau books
Bottles books all kinds
British Glass books
Candy Container books
Carnival Glass books
Contemporary glass bks
Cookie Jar books
Cut glass books
Czech glass books
Depression glass bks
Drinking glass books
European Glass bks
Fenton Glass Books
Fostoria Glass Books
French glass books
Galle glass books
Gene Florence books
General glass books
Heisey glass books
Italian Glass books
Lalique Glass books
Milk Glass books
Stained glass books
NEW - Glass Blog
have a look
Back to Book Seek
|There are so many books about Glass Beads that we have divided our selection into three categories - books about glass beads in history, books about making glass beads, and books about jewelry using glass beads. Our selection only includes a few books covering glass beads in history, so these are at the front to make them easy to find. Then we move on to all those fascinating books about how to make glass beads and the final section is about using glass beads to make jewelry. Some of these are recent books but we have also included some older books that have turned out to be classic favourites. We hope you find something interesting - there are such a lot to choose from.
For more information click on the book cover or title. Good hunting!
Beads in History
- Glass Beads from Early Medieval Ireland (Sept 2015) by Mags Mannion. Classifying, dating and understanding the social significance of early Irish Glass beads. Mannion. Classifying, dating and understanding the social significance of early Irish Glass beads.
- Middle Eastern and Venetian Glass Beads: 8th to 20th Centuries (Sept 2008) by Augusto Panini. Understanding the technical, historical and symbolic features of beads in relation to ancient commercial exchange and cultures.
- Glass Beads in Ancient India (Dec 2004) by Alok Kumar Kanungo. Combining archaeological and ethnographic data with literary evidence, to describe the history of the glass bead industry in India.
A Bead Timeline: Prehistory to 1200 CE (August 2003) by James W. Lankton. Based on work at the Bead Museum in Washington DC, covers all kinds of beads not just glass, and their importance in technology, social stratification, political organization, religion, ritual, writing and commerce.
- Asia's Maritime Bead Trade: 300 B.C. to the PResent (Jan 2002) by Jr. Peter Francis. Describes the bead trade that once stretched from the Middle East to East Asia and affected areas as far apart as West Africa and the American Pacific coast.
- The Glass Beads of Anglo-Saxon England c.AD 400-700 (May 1999) by Margaret Guido edited by Martin Welch. Based on Reports of the Research Committee of the Society of Antiquaries, this book classifies Anglo-Saxon glass beads from several sites in the UK.
Making Glass Beads
- Glass Bead Inspirations: Ideas and Techniques for Lampworkers (Jan 2012) by Louise Mehaffey. A book for intermediate glass bead-makers.
- Creating Glass Beads: A New Workshop to Expand Your Beginner Skills (March 2011) by Jeri Warhaftig. If you'd like to try lampworking or if you want to improve your skills, you should find this book very useful.
- Glass Beads: Tips, Tools, & Techniques for Learning the Craft
(Jan 2011) by Louise Mehaffy. Basic skills for making a variety of shapes and sizes, taught by an expert.
- The Complete Book of Glass Beadmaking (Sept 2010) by Kimberley Adams. A popular book which has been described by a reviewer as "the complete book for a beginner".
- Glass Bead Workshop: Building Skills, Exploring Techniques, Finding Inspiration (May 2008) by Jeri L. Warhaftig. 144 full colour pages showing advanced techniques using step-by-step photos, thorough explanation, and very creative projects.
- Masters: Glass Beads: Major Works by Leading Artists (May 2008) by Lark Books. Inspirational for beginners to intermediate lampworkers, and for collectors.
- More than you ever wanted to know about glass beadmaking (2003) by James Kervin. From setting up your own studio to all methods of glass beadmaking including decorating and finishing the surface.
- 1000 Glass Beads: Innovation & Imagination in Contemporary Glass Beadmaking (August 2004) by Lark Books. 1000 glass beads described and discussed.
- Beads of Glass (2003) by Cindy Jenkins. A popular book covering a range of glass bead artists and their work and comprehensive information about how their beads are made. Has been described as "the best of the best".
Flameworking: Creating Glass Beads, Sculptures & Functional Objects by Elizabeth Mears (April 2003). Well illustrated instructions from a top teacher.
Making Glass Beads (Oct 97) by Cindy Jenkins. 112 pages of advice on making a wide range of bead designs. An old book but still popular.
Making Jewelry with Glass Beads
- Create Jewelry - Glass: Brilliant Designs to Make and Wear (June 2013) by Marlene Blessing. Also a Kindle e-book, Marlene is an experienced writer and the book covers the subject well.
- Jewelry Designs using Artisan Lampwork Beads (July 2013) by Tania Tebbit. A kindle e-book, only short but cheap to match. Seems popular.
- The Venetian Glass Bead: 24 Colorful Jewelry Projects (Feb 2012) by Kathy Fox. Detailed and beautifully photographed step-by-step instructions for 24 modern jewelry projects/
- Glass Bead Jewelry Projects (April 2011) by Nelli Rees. Helps beadmakers move to the next stage.
- Art Bead Jewelry: Seasons in Glass (June 2009) by Karen Leonardo. Designs for incorporating lampwork beads into jewelry.
- The Beader's Handbook On Lampwork: An Introduction To Working With Art Glass Beads (Jan 2009) by Debby Gwaltney.How to choose well made beads and incorporate them into jewelry.
- Making Handmade Lampwork Beads & Glass Jewelry (Sept 2008) by Danny and Hava Ronat. What you need to know about making glass beads and how to use them to create vibrant pieces of jewelry.
- A Touch of Glass: Designs for Creating Glass Bead Jewelry (August 2008) by Nancy Alden. A primer on the basics of jewelry making using glass beads.
- Designing Jewelry with Glass Beads (April 2008) by Stephanie Sersich. 20 projects including necklaces, bracelets, pendants, and brooches using a mix of inexpensive, commercially available beads as well as handmade glass beads.
- Creating Lampwork Beads for Jewelry (Nov 2007) by Karen Leonardo. Includes tips for setting up a studio and selecting the tools; instructions for creating lampwork beads; and jewelry designs to incorporate these beads.
- Designs for Beaded Jewellery Using Glass Beads (Sept 2006) by Maria di Spirito. 48 designs for jewelry using glass beads. Mixed reviews.
The Art & Soul of Glass Beads: 14 Bead Artists Share Their Inspiration & Methods (April 2003) by Susan Ray. 17 Bead Artists Share Their Inspiration & Methods.
Creative Bead Jewelry: Weaving Looming, Stringing, Wiring and Making Beads (Oct 95) by Carol Taylor. 144 pages written in a highly entertaining style, giving comprehensive advice for novices to experts on these techniques of bead-working.
The Irresistible Bead: Designing and Creating Exquisite Beadwork Jewelry (Nov 96) by Linda Fry Kenzle. Another popular old book on beadworking.
The New Beadwork (Oct 92) by Kathlyn Moss. A hardcover book with 112 pages of advice on beadwork and design.
Click here to see books about Glass Beads on Amazon
Or you can make your own search on Amazon.co.uk
Target ebay searches!
Take a quick look at your kind of glass
in our Target Searches
- save time and don't miss an opportunity
even when you are busy!
- CLICK HERE